Pick of today’s Wimbledon actions
Here is my pick of just three matches your should keep your eye on:-
20 Mikhail Youzhny (Rus) v 2 Andy Murray (Gbr)
- head to head – 2-0 Muray (carpet 07,hard 09)
- YTD win loss:-
- Youzhny 17-14
- Murray 27-5
- In what most people are expecting to be a solid win for Murray, his 4th round match against former world number 8 (2008) Youzhny is second on centre court today. Despite this Murray will need to be in top form as he was against his previous three opponents as Youzhny will not be beaten without a fight and he reached the final in Halle on grass in the lead up to Wimbledon.
Laura Robson (Gbr) v Kaia Kanepi (Est)
Novak Djokovic (Ser) v (13) Tommy Haas
- Head to head – first meeting
- YTD win-loss
- Robson 9-15
- Kanepi 14-6
- In what could be a golden opportunity for Robson to reach her first Grand Slam quarter final, she has a touch match against Estonia’s Kaia Kanepi. Like Robson Kanepi is known for her powerful serve as well as her groundstrokes. Kanepi has also the advantage of experience with reaching the quarterfinals of grand slams four times before today however with Robson being one of the WTA'S rising stars and with a game suited for grass she could bring national joy to the British crowd today.
- head to head – Djokovic 6 – Haas 3
- YTD win-loss
- Haas 27-11
- Djokovic 33-5
- Well whoever said once a player get over a certain age they arn't able to keep up with the tour, Tommy Haas is prove that this isn't always the case. The former world number 2 (2002) has had good form recently with wins in Munich and reaching the quarters of the French open. Despite this good form it is still obvious that Djokovic is the overwhelming favourite but he could be pushed a lot in what is a rematch of this years French Open quarter final between the two players.