Friday, December 27, 2013

Murray makes positive steps despite loss and Ferrer marches on

In his first match since the Davis Cup back in September due to back surgary, Andy murray got off to a losing start. At the Mubadala World Tennis exhibition he went down 57 36 to franchman Jo-wilfried Tsonga. In what is an understandable loss considering his lack of off season preparation, Murray seemed content with his performance. In an interview with skysports.com the Wimbledon champion said:-
"I moved well in the first set, especially once I got into the rallies,"
"I didn't feel slow at all. In the second, I slowed down slightly, but that's something that is going to get better by playing matches. I can't expect to feel great for long periods of matches straightaway.
"But it was a good workout. You want to play your best, but you need to be realistic and patient. I will play better tomorrow than I did today.
"I was hitting the ball okay, moving well for the most part. Moving is the most important thing. I just need to be able to do it for a longer period. I just felt like I hadn't played a match for a while."
This is Tsonga's first win over Murray since 2008. Meanwhile in the other match yesterday Spain’s David Ferrer produced an impressive 75 61 win over Swiss number 2 Stanislas Wawrinka. Highlights of both games are below:-


No comments:

Post a Comment